scooter commuter
Friday, July 15, 2005
  Rain and Me; Love and Hate
I love the rain, how it gently falls from the sky,
and it waters the grass, and makes children wonder,Why?
It washes our rivers, and cleans the air
It feels good in the summer dripping from your hair
Its just perfect in evenings when trying to sleep
Listening to rain is better than counting the sheep.

But I hate the rain when I come home from work,
On my two wheeled scooter , surrounded by cars driven by jerks,
It makes the road slippery, and out of control,
The oils bubble up, like grease in a bowl.
I hate the rain when trying go get home,
I'm surprised I ever make it in one piece.

 
Comments:
Scooters are great. Bikes are for leather clad homosexualists with big moustaches.
Lambretta or Vespas were popular with British mods in the '60s. You should check out the Who's scooter homage 'Quadrophenia'.
 
Seen it, bought it. Scooters are terriffic, they are just now becoming more popular here in the states. There are many scooter clubs here that dress in the mod style, just like in the movie. And the ace face is usually some joker who delivers pizza, and puts all his money into his lambretta. Ciao, babe.
 
Nice poem Dave. Especially the "free" prose at the end!! Love ya! the ever-lovin' wife... :-)
 
Great scooter poem - now, here's the tricker, rhyme something with scooter - other than looter and/ or hooter.

I'll be back to check on your work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
This blog is just some musings when I happen to think about it, or if I work on the Riva, I'll let you know.

LINKS

Dreamer's Reality
Cakesniffers Beware
Angry Chimpansy
Dreamer's Reality
Scooter Commuter
BajajUSA
Scoot.net
ScooterBBS
Channel 2 News
Lone Star Times
Newsmax

ARCHIVES

April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / November 2005 / October 2006 /

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Powered by Blogger