scooter commuter
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
  Need Scooter Therapy
I hate to admit, but I haven't been riding my scooter the last few days. I have been lazy and taking the wife's car to work. It has been a bit cold, at least as far as Houston goes, Low in the Upper 30's Highs in the mid to high 60's. It just makes for cold fingers on the way to work. I guess I should invest in some real riding gloves. The winter gloves I use now don't work very well, especially at 50+ MPH.

Now, I've also been dabbling with my Riva 200. Currently the carburetor is off, and I started to clean it some more. I don't think the carb is all the trouble for this thing. I think I need to change the autochoke on the carb just for good measure those things go out quite often. The battery is also out, I was tired of recharging it each time I worked on it. So I have one of those portable/rechargable batteries that you can take camping to run your radio or whatever. When I worked on the Riva in the summer, I had it starting, just when I twisted the throttle the thing died. That's why I decided to clean the carburetor again. When I pulled it apart it didn't seem too bad. My boss suggested that I take a hypodermic needle to poke it into the jets and really clean them out, I did that and will see how it goes. One last item, I still haven't been able to remove one of the exhaust bolts. The crazy thing won't even budge. I guess I'll just keep trying until it breaks off, I'm already going to replace the bolt I pulled out, in my opinion it had too much rust on it to be salvageable.

So tomorrow morning I'll ride by Bajaj and just weather the elements. Its just weird, its cold in the mornings so I have to wear my leather jacket. But the afternoons are too hot for leather, but I think I can suffer. Until next time.
 
Comments:
Stay warm my love and thanks for the car. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
This blog is just some musings when I happen to think about it, or if I work on the Riva, I'll let you know.

LINKS

Dreamer's Reality
Cakesniffers Beware
Angry Chimpansy
Dreamer's Reality
Scooter Commuter
BajajUSA
Scoot.net
ScooterBBS
Channel 2 News
Lone Star Times
Newsmax

ARCHIVES

April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / November 2005 / October 2006 /

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Powered by Blogger